Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Lace and Penguins

Ok, so the stuff I'm working on right now is a little boring, but it all has to get done sooner or later, plus I've needed a break from all the intense stuff i've been working on (mainly the lambs). So, I'm crocheting a little lace around a table runner. You see, my Grandmother (yes, the one with the lamb) cross-stitches these table runners for anniversary gifts, birthday gifts, wedding gifts, you name it. See has piles stacked up just waiting for the right person to give them to (remind you of anyone?). Anyway, she usually gives them to me when she is finished with the stitching and I finish the edge for her. I love it! For one I'm honored that she let's me and I just think it's fun having a project that I can do with my Grandma. Well, not "with" her, since I bring them home to work on, but you know what I mean. Anyway, here is the latest one. I just love lace...













Oh, this is kind of a fun one. My friend, LK, commissioned me to make this penguin for her friend's birthday; although I'm not charging her. I just don't feel right charging my friends for the work I already love to do. Plus, someday I might need a favor:) And yes, it is blue. Why? Duh, because that's her favorite color. It ended up being a lot bigger than I expected too, it's 17 inches tall. That's almost 1 and a half feet!




















The one time I will sell stuff is at this awesome show that my friends put on every year. Check it out and if you can plan that far ahead you must go. I'm still working on these socks that I started months ago and I still have a ton of other projects that I want to get done. You know, there just isn't enough time in a day. Then I've got this thing called a job and it takes up an entire 8 hours a day, five days a week, sheesh!!! Until next time, knit on!

Anna

1 Comments:

Blogger Elinor said...

Awww, that is the cutest little penguin! Or not so little, as the case may be! I can't wait to see all the stuff you line up for the show!

9:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home