Wednesday, May 24, 2006

So many knitters

So, I've been "surfing the net" this morning (I'm on vacation and the dog is at the vet) and I'm realizing that there are A LOT of knitters out there. I mean, I knew there were a lot, but this is crazy. Check here, here, here, and here. How am I going to compete? All the good ideas are taken (there's even another Purl Girl), and everyone is writing books, which was my next venture. But, no regrets, I'm still well experienced (it's not like I started yesterday) and I have a lot of other crafty talents too. What I need to do is team up with some computer geek and get a really cool web-site. I mean come on, how many people really read this? (I appreciate everyone that does, thank you). I need some flare, an edge, something to make me different, something to get me noticed. Maybe tomorrow...

So, what's in the works? Well, as stated above, the dog, Archie, is at the vet. Yes, he's getting neutered, as most dogs should be. If there is one thing this world has too much of it's stray pets. Stop the madness, spay or neuter your pet today!
And on a knitting note, I'm still making the bags. I'm also crocheting a lamb. A lamb you ask? Long story, but I'll share with you anyway. Ever since I can remember my grandmother has had this stuffed crocheted lamb. As kids we use to play with it and take it home with us until our next visit; this thing went through a lot. My mom and her brothers and sister played with it too I think. With it's looped fleece, black button eyes and floppy ears it has held up great over the past 50 years, yes, 50 years. A couple weeks ago I remembered this little lamb and figured I could probably copy the pattern, if I could just see the lamb again, so I quickly called up Grandma. I asked her if she still had it and sure enough she did. It's looking a little worn out, but there still plenty there to copy. And for the first time I heard the story of how this little lamb found my Grandmother.

My Grandma use to work in an egg factory and one year for Christmas one of her co-workers made it just for her. I guess they were doing a "secret Santa" and this co-worker saw to it that she'd get my grandmother's name, which is Mary. The reason for this was so she could say that "Mary had a little lamb." Now isn't that cute?






Later,

PG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home