Sunday, March 04, 2007

Me again...

Hi there!
I made this sweater a couple weeks ago using some acrylic* yarn that was going in the "give-a-way" pile, unless I could find a good practice pattern for it, which I did. The sweater below is about 3 times too big, but it is going to be great for those cold nights sitting in front of the wood stove in our little cabin made of metal out on Buck Creek.

*acrylic is never my first choice, but I do like it for "practicing," and now that I know I can do the below pattern I can start saving for some nice wool that will truly keep me warm on those cold nights out in the country.












But this! This is the sweater that I have been waiting for. I have already worn it something like 4 times and I don't think anyone has noticed that it's handmade (which they either don't like it, or think it's just ordinary) whatever, I know I made it and if anyone ask where I got it I'll simply show them the label and say "gee, I forget, why don't you look at the label," which says Handmade by Anna...
I think it's beautiful and very warm, it's 100% wool.













And at last, my footstool. Just look at all the crap I can get into it. You'll see the pink baby sweater there on top which is just about done. I also have most of my tools and another project or two tucked inside. It's the best footstool ever, thanks Mark!!













Oh but look. I made matching pillows too! Yep, we had just enough fabric left over so I made these yesterday. One I had to kind of piece together, as you can see, but they match the couch great. I hope we have room for them and the footstool in our new house/shed.














Well that's a wrap. I'm off to finish the left front of the baby sweater then the sleeves. We won't know if it's a girl or boy until it's born so it looks like I'll be making a blue one too, just in case.

Later,
Anna

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home